Acosta Sales & Marketing Team Lead, Software Development in Jacksonville, Florida
Team Lead, Software Development
Technical Leadership, facilitation and management of a cross functional scrum team. Working to ensure that the team regularly meets its commitments and produces quality software adhering to the agreed definition of done, whilst applying a systematic approach to inspecting performance and making adaptations to continuously improve it.
1. Responsible for line management, motivation, development and performance management of team members.
2. Expected to have a general depth of experience in delivering software and will be able to mentor/guide the team and motivate them to perform as a self-organizing unit dedicated to continuous improvement and success.
3. Ensuring that the team work, and output, complies with the Agile process and engineering / QA best practices as defined by the Acosta retail product development department.
4. Contribute directly to team tasks; carrying out development or QA work as necessary to ensure the team complete their iteration commitments on time to the agreed standard.
5. Working with the scrum master to ensure that the team works together to solve issues and problems affecting delivery before being escalated to the Director of Application Delivery.
6. Assisting the scrum master in leading the team in iteration planning, interpreting requirements and facilitating the design and creation of well-defined, manageable sets of tasks that will allow the team to develop and rest in parallel and deliver value incrementally.
7. Be able to facilitate and guide the team in the pragmatic application of architecture and design techniques best suited to the project currently in hand.
8. Collaborate with team members to implement committed user stories within iteration to the agreed standard. This includes Assessment and planning of development efforts required for new functions/features under development. Architecture and design. Coding, code review and unit testing activities. Deployment and continuous delivery pipeline extensions and maintenance.
9. Ensure that user stories are delivered incrementally to avoid delay and minimize handoff between Development and QA.
1.At least 2 or 3 years uninterrupted team leading experience in a commercial environment
2.Experience with Test driven development, writing unit tests and understanding of how to write testable code
3.Experience of working as a member of an agile team and familiar with agile planning and estimation techniques. A good understanding of the fundamental rationale for employing an agile approach.
4.Experience with using engineering practices that compliment an agile approach. Test driven development, source branching strategies (Git Flow), continuous integration.
5.Experience building applications for Windows Azure - Architecture, deployment and life-cycle management.
_ Net Development _
o .Net fundamentals and C# up to v7.0 and .Net Core
o Experience of building complex distributed micro service-based applications utilizing the following technologies –
§ Azure Functions
§ Azure Service Bus
§ Azure Cosmos DB – with document models
§ Azure DevOps Pipelines
o Experience in .Net web development with MVC (ideally v5). Capable with front end technologies (HTML, CSS, Java Script, Front end API’s knockout.js, angular.js, React.js, JQuery etc.)
o Expanse of other technical experience with a number of core .Net framework technologies
o _ Native Android mobile Development _
o Development of Android applications written in Java and Kotlin
o SQLite db development
o _ Native iOS mobile Development _
o Development of iOS applications written in Swift
o Excellent knowledge of the iOS stack
o SQLite db development
6. Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills
7. Positive proactive attitude, willing to dive into any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside their area of direct expertise to ensure the team’s success.
8. Skilled individual with full software development life-cycle experience who can apply advanced debugging techniques.
9. Good knowledge of SQL and in-depth experience of either SQL server or other major relational RDBMS.
10. Implementation and use of Rest API’s and JSON.
11. Architectural and design patterns and able to architect and design enterprise level systems as well as critique and spot the flaws in existing architectures.
12. Understanding of how to build secure applications and secure coding techniques
13. Performance analysis and tuning.
14. Development of complex multi-threaded applications.
15. Expert in the application of SOLID principles.
16. Familiar with document databases and document database concepts.
17. Solid understanding of continuous delivery concepts and the design and construction of continuous delivery pipelines.
18. Familiarity with the design of functional automation test frameworks and populate automation tools and APIs.
19. PowerShell scripting.
20. Understanding of QA techniques to ensure proper usage for team QA and testing.
21. Skilled in leading teams in breaking down complex requirements into manageable implementation tasks.
22. Good understanding of the attributes of a performing agile team. Excellent people management skills and the ability to motivate a team to perform.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-FL-Jacksonville
Shift Day Job
Job Posting Oct 10, 2019, 3:07:45 PM
Job Number: SoftwareLead.1019