Acosta Sales & Marketing Coordinator, Operations I in jacksonville, Florida
The Operations Coordinator I will split time working in an office as well as a warehouse environment. The person in this role will help facilitate day to day operations goals, such as shipping, receiving, order picking, and communication between the operations and purchasing teams.
The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following ACOSTA values:
• People Minded – Must show dignity and respect to all people
• Integrity – Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical behavior
• Results Oriented – Must show passion, pride and commitment to succeed
• Trust – Must be honest, sincere and confident
• Teamwork – Must build trusting relationships
• Innovation – Must progress through a combination of creativity, common sense and vision
• Balance – Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is important in life
Essential Functions of this Position (list in order of most important to least important):
1. The Operations Coordinator I will receive items from various freight carriers, parcel services, local vendors, FedEx, UPS, and USPS.
2. Place incoming items into assigned locations; notify appropriate personnel about received shipments.
3. Send and receive correspondence via email as required.
4. Prepare items for shipment via FedEx Ground, Express, or Freight, according to customer specifications.
5. Ensure items are properly packed so as not to be damaged in transit.
6. Operate pallet jacks in warehouse as needed.
7. Ensure the warehouse is clean, swept, and all trash is picked up and disposed of daily.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• High School Diploma/GED
Experience Requirement (i.e. 5 yrs category mgmt or 3 yrs food brokerage):
• 1+ years’ experience in FedEx, USPS, and LTL preferred.
• Computer proficiency required.
• Prior small item receiving, order selecting, and shipping is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements (i.e. “plan-a-gram” software expertise, presentation skills):
• Must be able to communicate effectively with others, must be able to speak and hear.
• Attention to detail and sense of urgency are required, and excellent attendance is mandatory.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, (Excel/Outlook) is highly preferred.
Job ID 2019-164119
Work City Jacksonville
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Work Zip 32256
Starting average hours per week 37.5 +
Category Corporate Jobs